Irvine Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are facing criminal charges in Irvine, you have the right to a defense. Choosing the right criminal attorney could be one of the most important decisions of your life and the deciding factor in your case.
Your criminal defense lawyer must be a dedicated advocate who will zealously protect your rights, and who will go the extra mile. At the Law Office of Michael L. Guisti, you will find an Irvine criminal defense attorney who has been named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and awarded membership in the Nation’s Top Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel based on his thorough investigatory skills and experience in a courtroom.
Our Irvine criminal defense team handles a wide range of criminal matters, including drug crimes, violent crimes, white collar crimes, DUI, firearms offenses, and sex crimes. Examples of the types of criminal charges for which we provide outstanding criminal defense include:
- Assault and battery
- Aggravated battery
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Bad checks
- Bank fraud
- Capital murder
- Child endangerment
- Child molestation
- Child pornography
- Credit card fraud
- DUI checkpoints
- DUI marijuana
- Elder abuse
- Federal drug crimes
- Federal tax evasion
- Felony hit and run
- Grand theft
- Murder or homicide
- Probation violations
- Resisting arrest
- Securities fraud
- Sex crimes
- Sexual assault and battery
- Sex offender register removal
- Theft crimes
- Three strikes law
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Violent crimes
Your fundamental rights after a criminal arrest are stated in the Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments of the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution. Those rights include the following:
- You have a right to the assistance of counsel in your defense.
- You cannot be compelled to bear witness against yourself in a criminal case.
- You may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.
- You have the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury.
- You have the right to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusations against you, and to be confronted with the witnesses against you.
- You have the right to a compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in your favor.
- Excessive bail, excessive fines, and cruel and unusual punishments are prohibited under the Constitution.
The strategies we craft in defending our clients against criminal charges are based on the old adage, “the best defense is a good offense.” We go on the attack with a thorough investigation to find the actual facts and the falsehoods in your case. The fundamentals of our methodology include:
- Collecting available information concerning your arrest: In addition to the police report, the information we gather may include witness statements, photos, surveillance videos, and other documentation relating to your case.
- Investigation and research: After we have gathered all available documentation, we begin a thorough investigation, which may involve conducting background checks on potential victims and witnesses, visiting the scene of the alleged crime, reviewing all documentation for possible errors, and engaging the services of a private investigator.
- Testing the evidence and documentation: This step may involve sending evidence to a laboratory for testing or hiring an expert to test the reliability of a reconstructed sample or scene.
The Law Office of Michael L. Guisti has been dealing with challenging criminal cases since 1999. In a nutshell, our goal is your freedom. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to defend our clients and help protect their rights and their futures. We have a history of success in getting our clients’ charges dismissed or reduced and securing not guilty verdicts at trial.
If you are facing criminal charges in Irvine, call the Law Office of Michael L. Guisti at (888) 478-8999 to schedule an appointment at our Irvine office. Our lead Irvine criminal defense attorney is committed to aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome in your case.
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.