OC Hit and Run Defense Lawyers
If you've recently been arrested for a hit-and-run in Southern California, or if you've received a letter from the California Highway Patrol or a local police department alleging your involvement in a hit-and-run, call on the experience of Law Office of Michael L. Guisti. We know and understand the fears of being faced with hit-and-run charges. Over more than a decade, our attorneys have won many difficult hit-and-run cases for our clients and are dedicated to defending you.
Call us today to discuss your case in a free case evaluation!
In a hit-and-run case, you can be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony and understanding the difference is crucial to defending your case. The classification for each is as follows:
- Misdemeanor Hit-and-Run – You can be charged with a misdemeanor if you damage public or private property with your vehicle and leave the scene without providing your information.
- Felony Hit-and-Run – A felony will be charged you cause injury to a pedestrian or occupant of another vehicle and leave the scene without giving your information or calling authorities.
If a hit-and-run is classified as a felony, it will lead to more severe penalties than a misdemeanor. However, both are very serious charges that can not only result in fines and jail time, but also raise your insurance rates. With experienced legal representation and the right defense, we can help fight to dismiss your charges or reduce the penalties that you face.
For more than a decade, we have defended clients accused of both misdemeanor and felony hit-and-run charges in the Southern California courts. At Law Office of Michael L. Guisti, we will work with you to formulate a defense that best serves your case. Contact an Orange County criminal defense attorney at (714) 530-9690 or (888) 478-8999 today!
- When a DUI and a Hit-and-Run Overlap
- When Your Car’s Black Box Becomes Evidence
- California Highway Patrol
- Accidents and Accident Reports in California
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.