Robbery Sentencing Enhancement in OC
Were you charged with robbery and were told you may be facing robbery sentencing enhancements? The Orange County attorneys at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti cannot only help reduce these sentence enhancements, but fight your robbery charge, as well! Our team has more than a decade of criminal defense experience and strives to ensure you receive the best possible results for your robbery case. We can work out a deal with the District Attorney or even the judge to have your sentence reduced or have your robbery sentence enhancement dismissed. Call today at (714) 530-9690.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you could face one or more of the following sentencing enhancements:
- California's 3 Strikes Law- Robbery is considered to be a violent felony and if convicted of robbery, you will have a strike on your record per California's Three Strikes Law.
- 10-20-Life Use a Gun and You're Done- If you used (but did not fire) a firearm during the robbery, you face ten years in prison. If you fired the gun you, face 20 years in prison. If you killed or seriously injured somebody with a gun during the robbery, you face 25-years-to-life.
- California's Felony-Murder Rule- If during the robbery you or an accomplice accidentally murdered another person, you'll be charged with first-degree murder.
- Great Bodily Injury- Under Penal Code (PC) 12022.7, if during the robbery, you caused another person to sustain physical injury, you could face a three to six-year state prison sentence in addition and consecutive to the sentence you received for your robbery conviction.
- Criminal Street Gang Enhancement- If the prosecutor proves you committed the robbery "for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with any criminal street gang," you automatically face a ten-year prison sentence in addition and consecutive to your robbery penalties.
- Loss of Right to Own or Acquire Firearms- If convicted of robbery, you'll face a lifetime firearms ban under PC 12021, "felon with a firearm." As a result, you can no longer possess, own, or purchase a firearm for life.
Contact an Orange County robbery defense attorney at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti as soon as you are facing robbery sentencing enhancements so we can work to minimize your sentence or establish a defense that keeps you out of prison altogether. With our unparalleled experience and dedication, we are ready to help you with your robbery case. Call us today to learn how we can help you!
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.