Sex Crime Defense Attorney in Orange County
If you've been accused or arrested for a sex crime, you understand how serious your situation is. Right now, what you need to focus on is remaining calm and getting as good a rape defense attorney in Orange County as possible. No matter what the police or the authorities may say, remember this: you don't have to say a word. In fact, we recommend you don't say a thing until your attorney says it's okay.
Before you do another thing, give Law Office of Michael L. Guisti a call and get the help you need NOW. The number to dial is (714) 530-9690. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you've been charged with a sex crime, regardless of what the circumstances of the incident are, some things that are certain: you're afraid, you need legal representation, and we are ready to do everything we can to help you through this situation. It's up to you to make the first move. Contat us now and let our experienced team get to work on your case.
Call us today at (714) 530-9690 to discuss your case in a free case evaluation!
Our team will use every resource available to see that your charges are dropped or reduced. We won't give up without a fight. Our defense doesn't end once the prosecution is finished. But, sometimes a conviction cannot be avoided - despite our best efforts - and the penalty must be paid.
Being convicted of a sex crime can lead to serious jail time, significant fines, and being registered as a sex offender. Of course, this all depends on the type of crime you've been convicted of.
The following are just a few of the types of cases that our firm handles:
- Child molestation - California Penal Code Section 261.5
- Illegal child pornography - California Penal Code Section 311
- Indecent exposure - California Penal Code Section 314
- Internet crimes - California Penal Code Section 288.2
- Internet solicitation - California Penal Code Section 288.2
- Rape - California Penal Code Section 261
- Sexual battery and sexual assault - California Penal Code Section 243.4
It is a very scary thing being accused of a sex crime, and sometimes you may not know how to proceed with the next steps of your case. This is why you need the experienced assistance of a lawyer at the Law Office of Michael L. Guisti. We will help you formulate a proper defense so you can fight the charges you are facing. It is important to understand how you can defend yourself against these sex crime charges, and depending on each individual case, your defense may change. The following are possible defenses you can use when involved in a sex crime case:
- Innocence: An obvious defense you could use is that of innocence, meaning you are denying any involvement in the case and the charges against you are false. This will then leave it up to the prosecutor to prove your guilt by presenting enough evidence to support the charge.
- Consent: By claiming consent as a defense, you are admitting that you were involved in the sexual act, but you are also saying that the alleged victim consented to the sexual contact, so therefore no violation of anyone’s rights or will was committed.
- Mistake: Another defense you can make is that of mistake. This is similar to innocence in the sense that you are denying the charges by claiming that the victim must have mistaken you for the guilty party.
- Mental Insanity/Disability: A final defense you can utilize is that you either suffered from some form of mental insanity or you have a mental disability that prevents you from knowing right or wrong, so you were unable to fully understand that the sex crime you committed was in fact a crime.
Cybercrimes are any crimes committed with the help of the internet. In a modern age where computer usage has become prevalent, more and more crimes are being perpetrated through these electronic means. Cybercrimes cover a wide range of criminal activity, of which sex crimes are included. If you are being accused of a cybercrime in conjunction to a sex crime, this means that you are suspected of committing some type of illegal sexual activity of which, you used the Internet as a means of carrying out the alleged crime. A notorious internet sex crime is that of child pornography where you either distributed, viewed, or created this illicit material by means of the Internet.
If you find yourself accused of a cybercrime related to a sex crime, these are very serious charges and you’ll need the help of an experienced attorney like that of the Law Office of Michael L. Guisti to give you the proper defense.
Being falsely accused of a sex crime is a very serious matter and can lead to terrible consequences for the person being accused. If convicted, you risk facing a jail sentence, loss of your job, and the requirement to register as a sex offender, which can cause serious issues for you in the future when looking for housing or employment.
Just like any other crime, you are still entitled to certain rights. Try to avoid making any statements that may incriminate you and immediately contact an attorney. At the Law Office of Michael L. Guisti, we understand the complex nature of these types of crimes and know what steps to take in order to ensure you are receiving the proper defense you deserve. We will tackle any false accusations with the utmost determination and diligence and fight to disprove these untruthful allegations.
Remember, you have the right to an attorney and you have the right to keep silent. Let us do the talking for you.
For more information, call an Orange County criminal defense lawyer at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti for a free consultation. You can reach us at (714) 530-9690.
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.