Orange County Criminal Threat Attorneys
Are you being accused of making criminal threats and don't know what to do? The Orange County criminal attorneys at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti will help explain the process and what your options are.
It is illegal to threaten someone with immediate harm that evokes fear in the person threatened and if convicted of making threats you could face one year in jail, a fine of up to $5,000, or both. In addition, the court can order you to perform up to 400 hours of community service.
There are six elements a criminal threat needs to be considered creditable by police:
- A willful threat to unlawfully kill or unlawfully inflict great bodily injury on another person
- Threat (s) can be oral, written, or electronic threat
- Intent that the statement be understood as threatening by the other person
- Clear, immediate, unconditional, and specific communication to the other person of a serious intent to harm and the immediate prospect that the threat would be carried out
- Threatened party had sustained fear for their own safety or for the safety of their immediate family
- Reasonable fear under the circumstances on the part of the threatened
"My wife and I got into an argument one night, somebody called the cops and I was arrested for making criminal threats. I have never been arrested before and didn't even know what to expect. A friend strongly recommended Orange County attorney Michael L. Guisti. Michael dismissed my criminal threat charges. If you're in trouble call Michael and he'll save you."
Law Office of Michael L. Guisti will handle your criminal threat case in the best possible way to reduce your criminal charges or even have your case dismissed in the courts of Orange County.
We will guide you through the legal process, represent you in and out of court, give you the best possible options for your case, and will do everything possible to make this complicated time much easier for you.
Call our firm at (714) 530-9690 today so we can put our experience to work for you!
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.