Murder Defense Lawyer in Orange County
California Penal Code 187 - Murder and Homicide Charges
If you or a loved one has been accused of murder in Orange County or Southern California, you could face the severest penalty—potentially even life in prison or the death penalty. For this reason it's crucial that you contact our Orange County criminal attorney at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti right now.
Why You Need a Serious Murder Defense Attorney
Being charged with murder is extraordinarily serious, but we have been practicing criminal defense in Southern California for over a decade—winning murder cases and keeping our clients out of prison. For the past decade, we have cultivated a deep reservoir of knowledge about how to craft effective defense.
Whether you've been accused of killing a police officer, killing a witness to a crime, killing multiple people, or killing in conjunction with committing other crimes, we can provide strategic defense to get you the best possible outcome. We are dedicated to freeing clients accused of murder, reducing their charges, or having their charge dismissed altogether—and we can work to keep you or your loved one out of prison.
Different Kind of Murder Cases
California does not group all murder / homicide cases together, and some instances of killing are viewed as more severe than others. Below we explain some of the most common types of homicide charges:
- First-degree murder is unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or lying in wait.
- The Felony-Murder Rule is when you kill somebody during a dangerous felony regardless of whether or not it was a part of the original plan or whether it was just an accident.
- Capital murder is first-degree murder with special circumstances, such as murdering a police officer or somebody for financial gain.
- Attempted murder is when you took at least one direct step toward killing another person, and that you intended to kill that person.
- Voluntary manslaughter is when you kill someone during a sudden quarrel/fight or in the heat of passion intentionally with a conscious disregard for human life.
- Involuntary manslaughter is an unlawful killing that takes place during the commission of an unlawful misdemeanor act or during the commission of a lawful act that involves a high risk of death.
- Vehicular Manslaughter is when you kill somebody with your vehicle, whether due to neglect or DUI.
"On behalf of my son, who you defended, I want to thank you Michael L. Guisti for doing everything in court to get my son's murder case reduced and save him from spending life in prison."
Why We Can Be Successful in Winning Murder Cases
We at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti are successful at winning murder cases and keeping our clients out of jail, because our legal team carries out a wide range of investigations in the following fields:
- DNA Testing
In addition, our OC criminal attorneys boast a profound understanding of rules of evidence, serology, and polygraph analysis, and have successfully explained the utilities and drawbacks of voice identification and eyewitness identification. These tactics have helped many criminal defendants charged with murder avoid the death penalty. Hiring a public defender or less experienced attorney could send you to prison for the rest of your life, which is why you need a professionally experienced defense lawyer on your side. By working with our firm, we can fight to ensure that you get a fair and thorough hearing; we will also work to ensure that you are able to explore every possible counterargument and alternative punishment.
Time May Not Be On Your Side—So Act Now!
We want to stress that the longer you wait to retain a criminal attorney for your murder charge, the harder it can be to assemble a creditable defense. Therefore, we encourage you to call immediately. Our helpful and open-minded staff speaks a variety of languages, including Italian, Tagalog, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese. We can represent defendants in both California State and Federal Courts.
Get a free consultation regarding your murder defense options now by calling our Orange County homicide defense lawyers at (714) 530-9690. Our goal is to win this case for you, and we never settle for anything less.
- What to Do If You’ve Been Charged with Capital Murder in Orange County
- Possible Defenses for an Orange County First-Degree Murder Charge
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.