Orange County Capital Murder Defense Attorney
Capital Murder - Penal Code 190.2
Capital murder is a SERIOUS charge that could result in the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole. If you or a loved one are facing capital murder charges, you need a dedicated Orange County defense attorney on your side.
You need to get Law Office of Michael L. Guisti on your side. We have over a decade of reducing and even dismissing charges of capital murder in Orange County courts. We can be reached any time, day or night, at (888) 478-8999.
Our Goal is to Set You Free
Law Office of Michael L. Guisti is serious about this goal. We have a proven and well-earned track record of reducing or dismissing these very serious charges for our clients, which is why it's so important to give us a call right now.
What is Capital Murder?
Capital murder is, under Penal Code 190.2, first-degree murder with special circumstances. Typically these special circumstances include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Murdering more than one victim
- Murdering a police officer, firefighter, prosecutor, judge, or elected official
- Murdering another for financial gain
- Murdering a witness to prevent him/her from testifying
- Murdering another because of his/her race, religion, etc.
There are many possible ways you could be charged with capital murder that aren't listed above, which is why it's very important to contact our firm. In dealing with many cases for more than a decade, Law Office of Michael L. Guisti has successfully reduced their client's capital murder charges by challenging what the police and prosecution say and claim is capital murder. The bottom line is that it is not always a clear line on what is and isn't capital murder, which is why having a murder defense attorney in Orange County is so important.
Possible Punishments for a Capital Murder Charge
Under California murder laws, capital murder is the most serious charge you can face. If you are charged with capital murder, you may face the following punishments:
- A state prison sentence of life without the possibility of parole
- The death penalty (California has not executed a prisoner since 2006)
Additional Penalties for a Capital Murder Charge
Along with the serious penalties listed above, you may also face the following in an Orange County capital murder charge:
- Up to an additional 25 years of life in prison if the capital murder charge involved a firearm
- A strike on your criminal record under California's three strikes law
- A maximum fine of $10,000
- The loss of your legal right to own a firearm
"On behalf of our son, we want to thank Michael L. Guisti for getting rid of this charge of Capital Murder. Our son could have spent many more years in prison. Thank you for all you did for our son."
Potential Capital Murder Defenses
Capital murder is a complex crime, but we do have several defense options that have successfully worked in court many times for our clients, which is why you need to call us to discuss and plan your options. Here are the common defenses used in capital murder cases:
- You killed in self defense
- The killing was an accident
- The killing was an act of temporary insanity
- The police coerced your confession
- The police search that lead to your arrest was illegal
- The police arrested the wrong person
Contact an Orange County Capital Murder Attorney at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti Today
Knowing that you or your loved one can go away forever is nothing to waste time on, so call Law Office of Michael L. Guisti right away! Our legal team has a decade's worth of experience needed to reduce, dismiss, and free you of this charge as we've done with many of our clients before. Do not waste time - call us now!
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County violent crime lawyer. Call today at (888) 478-8999 to schedule your free consultation.
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.