Top Orange County Federal Crime Attorney On Your Side
Fighting Federal Charges in Southern California
You may have thought nothing of it at the time. It was a simple transaction with your insurance company that ended up saving you a few dollars. Did you explain the entire situation, or bend the truth a little? Maybe. But who was it going to hurt, and who would find out? Unfortunately, you may have committed mail or insurance fraud - both felonies. Without knowing, you committed a federal crime.
But, help is available. At Law Office of Michael L. Guisti we have represented people facing federal charges throughout Orange County and Southern California. If you've been accused of drug trafficking, mail fraud, or tax evasion you can't afford to settle with just any criminal defense attorney. You need a firm with the track record and the dedication to make sure you get the best possible outcome.
Defense for Different Types of Federal Crimes
Orange County criminal defense attorneys at Law Office of Michael L. Guisti have been providing aggressive counsel for people accused of federal crimes for years. We have extensive experience in the following:
- Bank fraud - U.S. Code 18 - 1344
- Business bankruptcy fraud - U.S. Code 18 - 157
- Federal bankruptcy fraud - U.S. Code 18 - 157
- Federal firearm defense - U.S. Code 18 - 922
- Federal mail fraud - U.S. Code 18
- Federal marijuana - U.S. Code 21
- Federal tax evasion - U.S. Code 18 - 7201
- Securities fraud - U.S. Code 18 - 1348
- Wire fraud - U.S. Code 18 - 1343
If you have been accused or charged with any of the above crimes, or any other federal law, contact our office soon as possible. The sooner our team is able to begin researching your case and building a defense around it, the better your odds will be at securing a favorable outcome. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (714) 530-9690.
What is the Point System and Why Does it Matter?
The United States Criminal Code point system will play a pivotal role in your trial. In essence, points add up for various factors involved in your case, such as:
- Was anyone in the course of the crime?
- How much money was involved in the situation?
- How old were you when you committed the crime?
- Have you been convicted of a federal crime before? What is your criminal history?
- Were you able to help federal investigators in the course of their investigation and to what degree?
These are just a few of the potential point factors that may come into play during your trial. With that understood, what makes these points so critical? During the sentencing phase, the judge overseeing your case will weigh your point score, and then determine your sentence. The greater the score, the more severe the punishment. Understanding this and hiring a skilled OC federal criminal defense attorney will go a long way in helping your case.
Experience You Can Rely on in Orange County
Law Office of Michael L. Guisti has practiced law at the U.S. District Courts located throughout Orange County since 1999. This kind of understanding and awareness of local courts can make an enormous difference when it comes to your case.
For more information or to schedule a free consultation, contact us today at (714) 530-9690.
- Two Top Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Officials Indicted in Federal Probe of Jails
- US Navy Commander Pleads Guilty to Bribery in San Diego Federal Court
- Costa Mesa Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Raided by Feds
- California National Guard Aids in Large-Scale Raid on Marijuana Growers on Yurok Reservation
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.