OC Weapons Offense Lawyer
Michael Guisti Fights Gun Crime Charges - (714) 530-9690
In California, the penalties for gun crimes are constantly getting tougher and more complex. People who have been charged with a firearm or gun crime should get lawyers who are well-versed in California criminal law and can aggressively defend their clients.
Few defense attorneys are as qualified to take gun crime cases as the lawyers of Law Office of Michael L. Guisti. Our Orange County criminal defense attorneys have over 20 years of combined criminal defense experience and have put our skills, insight and knowledge into defending many clients accused of gun crimes.
Common Gun-Related Offenses in Orange County
Our lawyers handle many gun offenses in Southern California. Gun offenses are often additives to other charges, like robbery or assault, and can result in enhanced sentences for those crimes. However, there are stand-alone offenses relating to firearms that can be charged as felonies. A few of the most common gun crimes include:
- Simple possession of an unlicensed firearm is a felony. Currently, the minimum sentence for simple possession of an unlicensed firearm is three and half years. It must be loaded and outside your home or place of business to qualify for these punishments; otherwise, it is a misdemeanor.
- Possession of an assault weapon is a felony, whether or not it is loaded and whether or not you had an intention to use it.
- Possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, such a magazine for a pistol that can hold more than ten rounds, is a felony.
- Sale of firearms is an especially complex area of criminal law; there are restrictions on selling guns to minors, secondary sales, etc. It is a felony to sell firearms without a license.
Gun laws are becoming increasingly strict and a knowledgeable attorney can help you understand the charges and penalties you face while helping you fight to protect your right to bear arms.
"One night there was a prowler in my yard so to scare him away I fired my gun. The cops weren’t too happy about that and arrested me. My lawyer Michael L. Guisti appreciates gun rights and understands what it means to protect your family. Attorney Guisti and his people were able to reduce charges and I can keep my guns. Thank you Mr. Guisti for protecting my rights and the rights of everybody in Orange County."
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Law Office of Michael L. Guisti handles serious firearm-related charges in state and federal courts. We understand what kind of stress a person will go through when facing a gun offense and are here to help you. We will be glad to discuss your defense options and answer any legal questions you may have. Contact an Irvine criminal defense lawyer to schedule a consultation.
- Assault With a Deadly Weapon: Guns, Knives, and Ceramic Tiles?
- California Firearms Laws Summary 2016 - State of California Department of Justice
Whether you're facing a felony or a misdemeanor, don't risk a conviction. Act quickly to redeem your reputation and protect your record by consulting with our Orange County criminal defense lawyer. Call today to schedule your free consultation.